Check out some of my favorite healthy strawberry recipes!
♥ Green Salad with Strawberries & Goat Cheese ♥
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup , or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups watercress, tough stems removed
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries , (about 12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans , (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Whisk maple syrup (or brown sugar), vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add spinach, watercress, strawberries and chives; toss to coat. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with pecans and goat cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped or sliced nuts, stir constantly in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
♥ Strawberry-Almond Smoothie ♥
- 10 frozen whole strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk or low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup silken tofu, (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine strawberries, almond milk (or low-fat milk), tofu and sugar in a blender. Blend until frothy and smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into tall glasses and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Almond milk is a delicious, low-fat alternative to skim or low-fat milk, especially for the lactose-intolerant.
Check out our live strawberry picking adventure at Mitchell's Berries below :)